On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 3:18 PM, walt <w41...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/13/2012 05:19 PM, walt wrote:
>>
>>  A recent update
>> (udev?) on my ~amd64 machines is now mounting removable drives
>> on /run/media instead of /media.
>

> Ha! I should have suspected Lennart from the beginning:
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/commit/?id=231931ffba1bca9d8759bbd6f797e56f8c6971fa

The link you posted has nothing to do with this; that's only a
systemd-specific change in response to a change in udisks2. In other
words, Lennart has nothing to do with this change, the responsible is
David Zeuthen, udisks2 maintainer:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/110773474140772402317/posts/NqPUifsFUYH

And it's actually a pretty reasonable change (IMHO): now in multiseat
configurations each user can plug a USB drive and only him/she will
see it (unless it has the corresponding permissions). And anyway, if
you are using a desktop system you don't care where the drive mounts,
it just appears in your filemanager. If you are not using a desktop,
then you should not have udisks2 installed, probably.

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México