Bryan Gardiner wrote:
> On Sat, 02 Jun 2012 02:06:44 -0500
> Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I use the command:
>>
>> genlop -c
>>
>> That tells what is compiling and some general time info too.
>
> +1 for genlop.  Also, if you're upgrading a number of large packages,
> it can help to have an estimate of how long you'll be compiling:
>
> $ emerge -pNuD world | genlop -p
>
> Or you can use "emerge --quiet-build=y" if you'd like to hide all the
> build output and only have Portage display what the currently
> compiling package(s) are.  You can still tail the build logs in
> /var/tmp/portage/*/*/build.log to watch what's going on.
>
> Cheers,
> Bryan

If it is updates, I do this:

emerge --resume -p | genlop -p

That tells what is left time wise and is faster to since it is working
off the list already made.  Then again, it seems genlop wasn't working
right the other day.  I meant to check into that but forgot about it.
It seems, if I recall correctly, that if a package has not been compiled
before, it just spits out a error message.  It used to spit out that
there was 'no info available for package foo' then just show the rest.
Now, it just pukes on the keyboard and dies.

Progress.  It always breaks things.  < sighs >

Dale

:-)  :-)

how you interpreted my words!

Miss the compile output?  Hint: