I need a Gentoo Expert to take a look at this.  Are there any in NYC
around West 72nd?  I've got to get this laptop working.  After
following the recomendations on building the latest kernel I don't
have a system anymore.  Everything on my LVM2 partitions are gone or
at least not working.  I added genkernel ~amd64 to the
portage/package.keywords as suggested to get the latest genkernel to
build . . . which it did.  Now the kernel (3.3.8) which was suppose to
fix the xorg-server problem destroyed the system, I can't boot to the
old kernel either it's the same thing.  This is getting worse.  How
can I fix this?  Is there anyone near by?  Thanks.