Claudio Roberto França Pereira writes:

> On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Doug Hunley <doug.hun...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> > This is why I keep an empty world file and use /etc/portage/sets/
> > exclusively. I'm backing up /etc/portage anyway (package.use and
> > friends), so it just makes sense to have 'world' in there ;)
>
> How would you do that? I'm currently using ~amd64 and can't yet use
> sets for some reason.

Then you probably need portage 2.2 for this. Which will never ever become
stable it seems, but I'm using it just fine for three years now. You have
to put this into /etc/portage/package.accept_keywords:

<sys-apps/portage-9999 ~*

Or just enable a specific version, and put that in your local overlay, if
you don't trust the updates which happen every few days.

Is emerge @preserved-rebuild (with FEATURES=preserve-libs) also a 2.2
feature? I like this most, I no longer need to use revdep-rebuild. I
always considered having to use it a bug, fixing broken things after
breaking them, instead of preventing breakage.

        Wonko