On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 12:21 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger <li...@xunil.at> wrote:
> Am 20.07.2012 18:08, schrieb Canek Peláez Valdés:
>
>> Not really "mix and match". I run systemd/udev/GNOME3  in ~amd64,
>> that's all, and I don't unmask any hard masked package. It's been
>> working fine like that since, oh I don't know, when they removed the
>> mask on GNOME 3?
>
> Thanks for motivating me!
>
> I will try to use your overlay ...

First get GNOME 3 + systemd to work; my overlay is experimental.

>> Again, Stefan has probably a valid problem, and we need more info to
>> nail it down (hence the petition for $HOME/.xsession-errors).
>
> See attachment.

The only possible problem I see is

(nautilus:5655): libnotify-WARNING **: Failed to connect to proxy
ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error on
:1.14:/org/freedesktop/Notifications: dbus.exceptions.DBusException:

What version of libnotify are you using? I have 0.7.5 installed.

> Do I need rtkit or not?

I don't have it installed; never had.

> I also had added the USE-flag "systemd" and re-built every package
> having that useflag.

Could you please attach the output of:

systemctl --all --full --no-pager

Regards.