On 08/28/2012 01:57 PM, Alex Schuster wrote:
So I had to wait. And when it became available, I wondered if it might be the processor instead that has the problem, so I let the PC shop diagnose CPU and board. This took until today, and they confirmed it was the board indeed, not the CPU. Fine, I bought the board, installed it in the PC, and guess what - it doesn't work. On the first boot I saw some BIOS status messages, hard drives and such, but the keyboard did not react, and then it did not boot, I got a black screen only. And on subsequent tries, with everything (2 ISDN cards, 4 hard drives) except for the DVD drive removed, the screen does not even turn on. All fans spin, and the DVD-ROM tray opens when I press the eject button. That's all. No keyboard LEDs.

This sucks. Is it a faulty board again? Is something (the PSU?) killing the board once I turn the thing on? What will happen when I have the next board and try again? Argh.

   Hello,

I would suggest check the psu connector plugs with a multimeter to find out if it is working properly?
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ht/power-supply-test-multimeter.htm

    And if the motherboard is somehow shorting out inside the case
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/307187-30-motherboard-shorting-case