On Tuesday 28 August 2012 21:57:43 Alex Schuster wrote:
> I wrote:
> > Well, all I can do now is to get a new board and see if things will
> > be okay then.
> [...]
> So I had to wait. And when it became available, I wondered if it
> might be the processor instead that has the problem, so I let the PC
> shop diagnose CPU and board. This took until today, and they
> confirmed it was the board indeed, not the CPU.

Let me get this straight. The shop ran tests and concluded that the
motherboard was faulty, not the CPU?

> Fine, I bought the board

...it having been tested and found faulty!

> guess what - it doesn't work.

Sorry, but I must be misreading this. You've said that the board was
diagnosed faulty, but you bought it anyway and it turned out faulty.
Where is the mystery?

Is this a problem with the English language? I thought I knew it inside-
out, upside-down and back-to-front. I still think so. Yet your account
has you tying yourself in knots over a known fault.

--
Rgds
Peter