On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 9:24 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 11:41:54 +0800
> Andrew Lowe <a...@wht.com.au> wrote:
>
>> On 08/29/12 11:35, Michael Mol wrote:

<snip>
> There's also DamnSmallLinux but if you ask me that's going too far to
> the other extreme. Yeah, it fits inside 50M but cripes, it has to use
> weird package management to do it.
>
> If not FreeBSD, then something Arch-based is probably your best step 1.
> Arch is a bit like *buntu in many ways, once you've decided to go that
> route, there's not really much difference between all the variants.
> It's not the base that's resource heavy, it's KDE and Gnome.
>

> --
> Alan McKinnon
> alan.mckin...@gmail.com

Although, if DSL *isn't* too far in the tiny direction, it's a bit
much of a desktop oriented system to tweak for headless use, when a
large part of that work was already done... TinyCore and MicroCore are
pretty much a bare minimal desktop and a bare minimal CLI only setup,
respectively, though they have very similar packaging setups to DSL.

--
Poison [BLX]
Joshua M. Murphy