On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 8:09 AM, Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1i...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Dec 2012 05:46:33 +0800
> Mark David Dumlao <madum...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> > A concensus would be good. A right consensus is more likely to get a
>> > consensus. This has no bearing on the matters at hand.
>>
>> /usr as the default prefix for installed packages is the "consensus"
>> of the vast majority of packages out there. Why do you think this has
>> no bearing on their consideration?
>
> I'm just pointing out that despite what many seem to state there are
> losses and unclear/non forth coming positive reasons or real benefits
> to the current apparently to be imposed or your doomed "consensus" of
> consolidating data. Once your at multi-user the whole filesystem is one
> for all intensive purposes anyway and so much of what you have said is
> misleading. It really shouldn't be a difficult problem to fix, it is
> just data after all.

I'm having trouble understanding the whole paragraph - my English
parser must have been broken with my last emerge -uDNtav world. I'd
revdep-rebuild, but my /usr is on nfs and rebuilding the binaries
there would break them for the other shared clients. ;)

--
This email is:    [ ] actionable   [ ] fyi        [x] social
Response needed:  [ ] yes          [x] up to you  [ ] no