On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 1:25 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger <li...@xunil.at> wrote:
> Am 28.01.2013 20:08, schrieb Canek Peláez Valdés:
>
>> I saw that mgorny unmasked systemd, and I'm installing it as of right
>> now. I hope to have no problems, but I still don't know how they
>> managed to install udev in / and systemd in /usr without problems.
>> Perhaps it will "just work" as long as /usr is not in its own
>> partition, or you use an initramfs.
>
> I don't have /usr separated so it doesn't matter for me right now.
>
> Do you use gnome/gdm? If yes, would you share use-flags and
> service-file? Thanks!

I just booted with udev/systemd-197.  The only error was:

Failed at step EXEC spawning /usr/bin/udevadm: No such file or directory

Which was kinda what I was expecting, since udevadm moved to /bin.
However, everything (except plymouth-start.service) works. The error
happens inside the initramfs, just before the switch-root, so perhaps
I can fix it by putting a link to udevadm in /usr/bin in my initramfs.

My gdm USE-flags are:

[ebuild   R   ~] gnome-base/gdm-3.6.2  USE="audit fallback gnome-shell
introspection ipv6 ldap plymouth systemd tcpd -accessibility
-consolekit -debug -fprint (-selinux) -smartcard {-test} -xinerama" 0
kB

The service file is the one the package provides. I have gdm.service
as display-manager.service:

# ls -l /etc/systemd/system/display-manager.service
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 37 Oct 13 16:48
/etc/systemd/system/display-manager.service ->
/usr/lib64/systemd/system/gdm.service

Nothing else, AFAICS.

Regards.
--