Robin Atwood wrote:
>>> I didn't have any config problems at all.  I did have to update but its
>>> the same thing I have to do when I do a upgrade.
>> It's not the same. KDE has an inbuilt system for handling upgrades, one
>> that does any config file conversions that may be needed without the
>> applications needing to worry about it. But it only handles upgrades, not
>> downgrades. After downgrading, my Activities were messed up.
>>
>> Of course, the best thing about tackling the problem at, or at least
>> nearer, the source is that I won't have to upgrade KDE again when it's
>> fixed ;-)
> The issue is now moot, if you sync and upgrade you will get a new qt-core and
> plasma-workspace which work happily when compiled with -O2. :)
>
> -Robin

That's good to hear Robin.  I knew they would get it fixed, as soon as
they nailed jello to the wall and figured out what was broke.  lol

I guess I keep my KDE to simple then Neil.  I went backwards and other
than the fact everything worked, I couldn't tell any difference.  I
don't think I use "activities" so maybe I need to check into those.  If
I start using those, that will be something else I can watch for
breakage on.  ;-)  lol

Plan to upgrade later tonight.  Sort of let the tree settle a bit.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!