ifconfig -a and ifconfig eth0 etc.. lists the interfaces correctly.
When trying to start net.eth0 the error that struck me as odd was:

/lib64/rc/net/wpa_supplicant.sh: line 68: _is_wireless: command not found
/etc/init.d/net.eth0: line 548: _exists: command not found

Sorry I can't paste stuff directly. I am literally taking phone pics
and communicating through my laptop.

N.