On 2013-04-15 2:03 PM, Tanstaafl <tansta...@libertytrek.org> wrote:

Ok, I think all I need to get our db back up is to remerge php, but it
is failing.

The last error appears to be the zlib check.

I did already try

emerge -1 sys-libs/zlib

and retrying to emerge php, but got the same error:

Ok, added -zlib to package.mask and it is compiling now... I just don't know if I need zlib support for our DB app... <sigh>

If this doesn't work I'll try your suggestion of:

Were this one of my systems (none of which is in a prod scenario, so
take it with a grain of salt), I'd emerge -e --keep-going @system, and
then emerge --resume a few times. You're stuck in something not unlike a
bootstrap scenario.

Thanks a lot Michael... first time anything like this has happened to me in a long time. I forgot what it is like to have users (and bosses) breathing down my neck like this...