I am doing something sort of similar ... use a routing protocol and set
the metrics to make the LAN more attractive so it will get used over the
wifi.  Use dhcp to update dns.

I was using ospf (quagga), dns and ISC dhcp which auto-updates bind.
This is "transparent" to the the hosts, is a pain to set up but then
just works.

Pinning addresses makes like life very difficult though as dhcp wont
update dns so Ive gone back to manually setting up the dns side for some
hosts :(

BillK