On Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2013, 01:26:18 Dale wrote:
> Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> > Hi,

> > michaelkintz...@gmail.com wrote:
> >> This just displays what's there.  I can't change any of the listed
> >> programs
> >> from this screen.
> >
> > So one should rather repair growisofs.
> > It is not a big deal.
> >

> > Have a nice day :)
> >
> > Thomas
>
> I wonder if he can unmerge growisofs?  Or at least remove the file.

I just made a simple test by renaming growisofs and then attemting to create a
BD-RE disk (Re-recordables are nice, sine non-RW media don't grow in my garden
;-)

Result: k3b complained that it cannot find growisofs and that it won't be
possible to create DVDs. I tried to create a BD, so I continued, selected
approximately 17GB of my foto-disk, and tried to write them. Immediately,
k3b's write-disk dialog showed that mkisofs cannot find growisofs and then
"mkisofs has crashed".

It was worth a try, but it didn't work.

Alex

PS: