Hi,

> However, your patch is for growisofs, which in Gentoo comes from
> app-cdr/dvd+rw-tools, so the proper place for such patch would be
> <cdwr...@other.debian.org> per http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/ --

On that list there was support by Andy Polykov until shortly
after the bug in question was reported. A fixed release was
promised but did not emerge. See
  http://lists.debian.org/cdwrite/2008/07/msg00092.html

> IIRC you mentioned in another email being subscribed to that list.

Yep. Until 2007 as user of growisofs. For a short while as
friendly competitor. Now as its sentinel, so nobody has reason
to regret having tried burning DVD on Linux.

> Just curious...if you don't use Gentoo, why do you subscribe to
> gentoo-user list?

The topic came up from a side note on cdrkit's mailing list.
The Fedora maintainer of growisofs asked whether i know more
about the problem. I pointed to above post by Andy, re-read it
and recognized that he left a treasure map to find the bug.

After getting confirmation that the proposed fix works, i googled
for similar bug reports in various distros.

An archive of the gentoo-user list was among the found sites.
My first mail to the list did not show up. So i subscribed a day
later and sent it again.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas