i upgrade my system to use udev instead of previously known
devfs, and leave the devfs option blank while configure the
kernel, but recently, i found i could not mount my cdrom,
there is no such device at all! the /dev/cdrom and the like has
gone!

i test with my usb disk, and the /dev/ directory could add and
remove the sda1 device node accordingly, it seems that everything
goes well. but where is my cdrom?

i have changed the /etc/conf.d/rc, and replace
RC_DEVICE_TARBALL="yes" with
RC_DEVICE_TARBALL="no"  several days ago,
because i think that'll be ok for me, and everything seems working
with the exception of the cdrom i found today!

the rule file under the etc/udev/rules.d/ makes no sense to me,

any ideas please, thanks a lot.