On Saturday 03 September 2005 08:20, Matt Randolph wrote:
> Alex Korshunov wrote:
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >> On Sat, Sep 03, 2005 at 08:32:56PM +0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >>
> >> no error on reboot now, but i will try to switch to windows to see
> >> if the cdrom works well....
> >
> > All my cdroms in /dev/cdroms/cdrom. May be...?
>
> I didn't see the beginning of this thread so my question may be
> redundant.  Did you (the OP) verify that the drive is still detected by
> the BIOS?
having done some research yesterday on udev, specifically the gentoo udev
howto, it was my understanding that udev did NOT create node files.  those
must exist and udev just manages the mappings to those files.  that's what
the tar/untar process on shutdown/boot takes care of.  devfs, on the other
hand DID take care of those files.  the gentoo udev howto specifically gives
a walkthrough on the steps necessary to switch from a hybrid udev/devfs
system to a pure udev system.  Have you looked at that document?
Unfortunately, I don't remember the link at this moment, but I linked to it
from the udev stuff at kernel.org.
--
John Jolet
Your On-Demand IT Department