Canek Peláez Valdés <can...@gmail.com> writes:

>>>=sys-libs/libselinux-2.1.13-r4 static-libs
>
> What profile does your installation have? If I'm not mistaken, only
> the hardened profiles set USE="selinux" by default.

Yes, sorry I caught that shortly after posting... In the 'quick
install' manual at the part where it explains how to eselect the
profile ... [2] is desktop in the output shown there.  But in fact
desktop is number [3] at the command line... So being asleep at the
switch I said eselect profile set 2.

And can you guess what 2 is in the command line output... yup, selinux

So I'm trucking along with a selinux profile and wondering why I'm
getting selinux stuff...... more coffeeeeeee

So, sorry for the line noise