On 17/08/13 22:00, Grant wrote:
This is actually a portage question.  How can I install udisks-2 in a
way that will fix this problem?  I'm confused by how to handle the
slotting behavior.

I think the issue here is that we are not understanding what the
problem is. It happens with an application in particular, or with a
desktop environment? It happens when you try to umount the device, or
when you disconnect it from the computer? Do you loose data in the
camera, or when transferring photos to your computer? Or is only that
you don't like the error reported?

When trying to eject a USB camera in thunar in xfce4, the error
appears and the device does not umount.  Here is a command that also
produces the error:

[ ... ]

Just saying you should be using `udisksctl` command instead of the now obsolete `udisks` command

udisksctl command = new udisks 2
udisks command = old udisks 1