On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 4:16 AM, Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday 30 Aug 2013 15:44:35 Tanstaafl wrote:

>> > there is no problem with licensing in that case.
>> > The ebuild could even go in the portage tree, as Gentoo is not
>> > redistributing sources when it publishes an ebuild.
>>
>> Thanks Alan! Just the answer I wanted.
>>
>> Ok, so... how hard would this be then? What would the chances be that
>> this could actually happen? I'll happily go open a bug for it if you
>> think the work would be minimal...
>>
>> It seems to me that I can't be the only one who would like to see this
>> happen?
>
> Nope! I will vote for you.  ;-)
>
> --
> Regards,
> Mick

Sounds like an awful lot of trouble for a "problem" that's already solved by
installing sys-kernel/module-rebuild and running "module-rebuild rebuild"
after every kernel update, which is how nvidia, broadcom, and other
kernel modules are dealt painlessly with anyways...

--
This email is:    [ ] actionable   [x] fyi        [ ] social
Response needed:  [ ] yes          [x] up to you  [ ] no