On 2013-08-31 7:04 AM, Joerg Schilling <joerg.schill...@fokus.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
Everything is dynamic, you would however put a lot of effort into the linux
kernel to get to that state...e.g. automated major device numbering.

??? I've been running my servers without modules since... I started running servers.

Servers are not like desktops - constantly changing devices. They - in most cases - *are* static, and most people *want* them that way.

Regardless, please do *not* distract this thread with arguments about it. If you don't want or see the benefit, fine, just ignore this thread.