On Sun, 29 Sep 2013 11:31:17 -0700, Grant wrote:

> > Personally, I wouldn't do the building and pushing on my own laptop,
> > that turns me inot the central server and updates only happen when I'm
> > in the office. I'd use a central build host and my laptop is just
> > another client. Not all that important really, the build host is just
> > an address from the client's point of view
>
> I don't think I'm making the connection here.  The central server
> can't do any unattended building and pushing, correct?  So I would
> need to be around either way I think.

If you ran the central server in a VM, you could have it run "emerge
--sync && emerge -uDN @world" from cron. You could do this without a VM,
but a VM allows you to take snapshots before each sync/build cycle, so
that you can roll back if an update breaks it.

--
Neil Bothwick

The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach.