Alan McKinnon writes:

> On 04/10/2013 17:40, Alex Schuster wrote:
> > Well. Sort of. Emerge also wanted to re-merge libreoffice, I have no
> > idea why. The same happened yesterday when I upgraded portage.
> > Whatever :) This time, I used --exclude app-office/libreoffice to
> > avoid this.
>
> probably a poppler or icu or java update, or any one of the many things
> libreoffice uses that changes ABI at the drop of a hat.
>
> Recent portage with subslot support triggers a libreoffice rebuild when
> that happens, it is seldom an error. You can leave it out of the world
> emerge to speed things up, but revdep-rebuild is probably going to also
> find it and want to do the same

No, there is something wrong here. When I updated portage, it also
remerged libreoffice. Upgrading claws-mail updated dev-libs/libdbusmenu
and dev-libs/libindicate, and wanted to remerge libreoffice, which I
avoided.
Next, I updated chromium, which also remerged libreoffice. Again.

And whatever package I try to update, emerge wants to remerge
libreoffice. Happens with all the packages I tried, which are
adobe-flash, python, zsh, xterm.

        Alex