On 2013-10-30, Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 09:32:54PM -0500, Dale wrote
>> Howdy,
>>
>> Quick question.  I have a Nvidia GeForce GT 220 video card.  It has a
>> VGA and a HDMI connection.  My question, if I hook a monitor to each
>> port, they will both have the same pic right?  Also, I have not hooked
>> anything to the HDMI port yet, does it "just work" or do I have to set
>> something for it to work in xorg.conf or something.
>
> But why would you want identical images?  Google Xinerama.  See
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/XineramaHowTo (yeah it's Ubuntu),
> for how to get a B-I-I-I-I-G two-screen-wide desktop.

Or you can have a different desktop on each monitor. [I find that more
useful than have a single big desktop that spans multiple monitors.]
That's done by simply configuring separate X displays.  I prefer to
edit my xorg.conf to do that, but you can also use xrandr to configure
multiple displays.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! The entire CHINESE
                                  at               WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL TEAM all