Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 16:03:34 +0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
>
>>> But why would you want identical images?  Google Xinerama.  See
>>> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/XineramaHowTo (yeah it's Ubuntu),
>>> for how to get a B-I-I-I-I-G two-screen-wide desktop.
>>
>> Or you can have a different desktop on each monitor. [I find that more
>> useful than have a single big desktop that spans multiple monitors.]
>> That's done by simply configuring separate X displays.  I prefer to
>> edit my xorg.conf to do that, but you can also use xrandr to configure
>> multiple displays.
>
> I think Dale still uses KDE, in which case it can be handled by the KDE
> System Settings options.

I do use KDE with Fluxbox as a backup..  I want to get another monitor
but just not right now.  I want one that I can flip 90 degrees so that
it is tall instead of wide but only want Firefox to run on that.
That'll have to wait for now.  Right now, I just wanted to see about
watching videos on my TV instead of my puter screen.  My chair ain't
that comfy.  lol  I caught a cable that will reach on sale for like 60%
off and I couldn't pass it up.  I just didn't realize that this card
could run two displays with different content.  I figured what was on
one would be on the other.

In the long run, this could be really nice.  I gave that card a good
dust bunny eviction when I had to swap mobos.  It's a nice little card.
It does really good for my simple stuff.

Thanks all.  When the cable comes in, I'll check into what comes next.

Dale

:-)  :-)

how you interpreted my words!