Marc Stürmer <m...@marc-stuermer.de> [13-11-24 15:16]:
> Greetings,
>
> I've got a strange behaviour since a couple of weeks.
>
> When working under X11 in a terminal and I type "exit" in the shell,
> the terminal does not close itself anymore.
>
> Already changed the shell - no change at all.
>
> Also does Ctrl+Z not work anymore, to bring the process running in the
> foreground into the background.
>
> When trying Ctrl+Z on the text console it is the same.
>
> Since I am somewhat confused about that kind of behaviour and where to
> fix it - any ideas to get it back working properly?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Hi,

check wether the problem is related to the shell/terminal or
to keyboard related things:

In a terminal type

    cat <return>

Then press a couple of CTRL/<something> keys except ^D.

If you can see -- for example -- ^E when pressing CTRL-E,
then the control codes are received by the shell/terminal,
therefore keyboard related things are not to blame.

If so check the shell init files for remapping the keycodes.
Maybe revdep rebuild will show a library, which is used by
the shell was updated but the shell was not rebuild.
Or something like that.

Only a shot in the dark...

Good luck!
Best regards,