On 2013-11-26 13:20, Marc Stürmer wrote:
Zitat von Peter Weilbacher <newss...@weilbacher.org>:

One more thing that happens to me is that apparently gnome-terminal does not notify console apps of new window size. For me this happens to Alpine. (The only reason why I didn't simply switch to xfce terminal is that there I cannot switch off the scrollbar with parameters.)

Well I've found one possibility for that strange behaviour could be
the proprietary Nvidia driver. There's already some bug open in the
Gentoo Bugtracker.

Downgraded from 331 to 319, but it did not really change at all, so
still diggin'!

Yes, my Alpine-related problem was solved by downgrading the NVidia driver from 331.20 to 331.17. The problem with the terminals that don't want to close on Ctrl-D stays the same. (I also tried 331.13 but that didn't help. And the problem started to appear after Oct 7th for me which is when I installed 331.13.)

   Peter.