Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk> [14-01-06 09:28]:
> On Mon, 6 Jan 2014 08:18:20 +0100, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
>
> > I added this to /etc/portage/package.use:
> >
> > =dev-ruby/racc-1.49 -doc
> >
> > and have set "doc" in the USE flags in make.conf.
> >
> > I am still getting the above output...
>
> USE=doc is a classic way of getting circular dependencies, usually
> unnecessarily. You only need USE=doc if you are doing development work
> with a package, so it should never need to be set globally. The flag does
> not affect the installation of general man/info pages, except with the
> odd exception (like ffmpeg).
>
> % euses doc
> doc - Add extra documentation (API, Javadoc, etc). It is recommended to
> enable per package instead of globally
>

> --
> Neil Bothwick
>
> Diarrhoea is hereditary, it runs in your genes.

Hi Neil,

thank you for the inofrmation! :))
I am currently on the way of installing texlive completly
and I cannot get enough documentation about it...
So I thought, that "doc" was a good idea...but iw seems not
to be...
I will switch it off again.
On the other side: Not being able to install docs globally seems
to be a logical problem (beside being useless...), which needs
to be fixed...right?

Best regards,
mcc