On Thu, 16 Jan 2014 12:30:29 +0000
Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Jan 2014 14:19:52 +0200, Gevisz wrote:
>
> > I have to watch a lot of dav video files and possibly convert
> > them to a more common video format like avi or mp4.
> >
> > What are my options?
>
> Have you tried media-video/handbrake? It's straightforward to use and
> comes with plenty of preset output settings.

No.

I am afraid of installing a package that is masked in Gentoo portage tree.

emerge --search handbrake
Searching...
[ Results for search key : handbrake ]
[ Applications found : 1 ]

*  media-video/handbrake [ Masked ]
      Latest version available: 9999
      Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
      Size of files: 0 kB
      Homepage:      http://handbrake.fr/
  multithreaded video transcoder. License:       GPL-2

May be, something else?