On Tue, 18 Feb 2014 14:09:42 -0500
Tanstaafl <tansta...@libertytrek.org> wrote:

> I totally get XFCE *supporting* the use of logind, but why should it
> ever support *only* logind? That would seem insane to me.

If it were a decision, and other decisions were possible without cost,
yes; however, this often happens as the result of a lack of manpower to
support multiple systems. Others aren't stopped from forking and/or
wrapping XFCE to (also) support other login facilities than logind;
well, under the assumption that they would limit their support...

--
With kind regards,

Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
Gentoo Developer

E-mail address  : tom...@gentoo.org
GPG Public Key  : 6D34E57D
GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2  ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D