On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 14:37:22 -0400, Dave Nebinger wrote:

> If you don't have the time to watch over the stage 1 build process, you
> can jump straight to a stage 3 then update packages from there.

That's exactly what I did with my laptop. It arrived at 1pm and I needed
it fully functional for the next morning, so I did a Stage 3 install in a
little over an hour (including compiling the kernel). I then emerged KDE
and some other essentials from a package CD and it was fine.

When I had time, I set ACCEPT_KEYWORDS to ~ppc, fiddled with my USE flags
and did update -uavDN world, which recompiled just about everything,
giving me the same as if I'd done stage 1 to start with, except I had a
usable computer in far less time.

--
Neil Bothwick

If a stealth bomber crashes in a forest, will it make a sound?