On Sunday 04 May 2014 12:37:02 J. Roeleveld wrote:
> On Sunday, May 04, 2014 09:53:35 AM Peter Humphrey wrote:
> > On Saturday 03 May 2014 23:04:49 Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
> > > I spent nearly the whole day digging around this issue ...
> >
> > You did better than I did recently: I spent four days at it.
>
> For mission-critical systems, I would have done a clean re-install already
> with data copied back from a backup. More then 24 hours is a deadline.

That's what I was doing when I discovered the IRQ16 misbehaviour. After that
it was a matter of finding the cause. As it happens, it went away again by
itself. Makes me wonder how much more life to expect from this motherboard.

--->8

> I used to have a howto bookmarked that gave more detail then the current
> step- by-step examples. Unfortunately, that whole website disappeared about
> 5 or 6 years ago.
>
> Maybe check the old thread where Dale started with LVM. There is a lot of
> detail in there.

Hmm...don't remember that. I'll see if I can find it - thanks.

--->8

> > As far as I know, the only thing that /requires/ an initramfs is having a
> > separate /usr. And I can't help you with GPT or UEFI - sorry.
>
> A seperate " /usr " or " / " on LVM.

Oh yes, of course. I missed that one. I shouldn't have, because that's the
reason my / is on RAID-1 but not LVM - to avoid needing an initramfs.

--
Regards
Peter