On 9/10/05, Dave Nebinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
A google search turned up another message:

> I had this too after I botched a VNC install. I solved it by
> purging /tmp and all the config files in my home directory. There is
> probably a better way but it was a new install and I didn't have my
> files on it anyhow. So try creating a new user with a new home
> directory and see if that fixes things.

Don't know if that applies to you, though.

Hmm... feeling some dejavu with that quote. Odd. Anyhow in that one I wasn't quite talking about this issue. The times I have had this happen are when I do something to crash Gnome. Typically a sudo killall gnome-panel from a regular terminal is all it takes to fix this.

-Mike

--
Michael E. Crute

Linux, because reboots are for installing hardware.
"In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"