On Tuesday 27 May 2014 22:41:32 Alan McKinnon wrote:
> On 27/05/2014 18:20, Time Lucky wrote:
> >     ​
> >
> >      VIDEO_CARDS="intel radeon -freedreno -i915 -i965 -ilo -nouveau -r100
> >      -r200 -r300 -r600 -radeonsi -vmware"
> > ​
> > ​
> > Solved!
> >
> > I realized that your VIDEO_CARDS was "-i915"
> > then I removed "i915" from make.conf

I wouldn't.  Unless you also have NVidia and Radeon cards too on your machine
you do not all these entries.

Try this in your /etc/make.conf:

  VIDEO_CARDS="intel i915"

Then rebuild your xorg drivers and mesa. Finally run 'eselect mesa list' to
see if you are using gallium or not.  Adjust accordingly.

> Take what I say here with a pinch of salt (building the right drivers
> with the right settings to work right on the right hardware is, IMNSHO,
> a huge amount of black magic :-)
>

> anyway, I seem to recall that USE=i915 or i965 was the old way of doing
> things and you needed to know what chipset to build for. Recent code has
> merged all of that nonsense so all you have to do is set
> VIDEO_CARDS="intel" and emerge can figure out what to build for the
> hardware it's running on.

Unless it changed recently, you would need to add the mesa module name for
your card too.

--
Regards,
Mick