John Campbell wrote:
> On 06/14/2014 05:12 PM, Dale wrote:
>>
>> media-libs/openjpeg:0
>>
>>    (media-libs/openjpeg-1.5.1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
>> conflicts with
>>      >=media-libs/openjpeg-1.3-r2:0[abi_x86_64(-)] required by
>> (media-video/ffmpeg-2.2.3-r1:0/52.55.55::gentoo, installed)
>
> The multilib stuff is a work in progress...  You have two 64bit ABIs
> set up, and ffmpeg wants the x32 rather than the 64.  It needs it's
> libraries to match.  Looks like openjpeg chose the 64 ABI to compile.
>
> Just set ABI_X86="32 x32" for openjpeg.  It's in
> /etc/portage/env/media-libs/openjpeg-1.3-r2

I don't have a env directory in /etc/portage and there is no
openjpeg-1.3-r2 available in the tree.  I sort of think I know what you
are talking about tho.  I need to create that directory structure for
openjpeg-1.4-r1 and put ABI_X86="32 x32" in the file.  My question is,
will this eventually be fixed in the tree and the error go away?  I've
never put anything in the env directory before and would prefer to keep
it that way because I will forget it is there and it will come back and
bite me some day.  Ask anyone here.  lol

Now I see why the error didn't make any sense to me.  I usually look for
something like a USE flag conflict or something.  I don't recall ever
running into a 64/32 bit thingy before.  O_O

Thanks.  Muddy water is starting to clear up, a little bit anyway.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!