Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Jun 2014 00:10:41 -0500, Dale wrote:
>
>> Ahh.  I was curious and thought about that.  That version is mentioned
>> in the error tho so I wasn't sure.  I wonder tho, can I add that file
>> and not have a version at all?   Sort of like I do in package.keywords
>> etc etc.
>
> You can, but you just said.
>
>> I've
>> never put anything in the env directory before and would prefer to keep
>> it that way because I will forget it is there and it will come back and
>> bite me some day.
>
> Using the version number means the setting will "expire" when the
> package is upgraded, meaning it won;t be able to bite you later on.
>
> Though I would prefix the atom with ~ instead of = to cover patch level
> updates.

I have looked for a place where it is documented how to do that.  I know
there is a lot of ways to add packages to those files with <=> and such
in front of the package names.  Do you have a link to some docs on
that?   If not, some examples would be cool.

Well, I was going to try adding the variable to make.conf as posted in
another email.  I think that may be better since this seems to be a
issue that is "in flux" at the moment.  ;-)

Dale

:-)  :-)

how you interpreted my words!