Le 12/07/2014 16:59, James a écrit :
> Hervé Guillemet <herve <at> guillemet.org> writes:
>

>>> Reading these posts may suggest a compiled solution as your remedy?
>>> Naturally, you'll have to adjust what steps taken to your gentoo
>> environment.
>
>>> http://radu.cotescu.com/how-to-install-canon-lbp-printers-in-ubuntu/
>
>>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1315665
>
>> Trying to install Canon-provided driver is the solution I have worked
>> on, either from source or from binaries. But even the "source"
>> distribution of the driver mainly contains binaries. I end up with an
>> error ("src = libcanon_pdlwrapper.c, line = 633, err = -1¥nError
>> Response:ReqNo=2, SeqNo=3,opvpErrorNo=-2") generated by the binary
>> component (c3pldrv).
>> For these 2 specific printers, the driver provided by Canon is different
>> that other CAPT printers (Linux_CAPT_PrinterDriver_V260_uk_EN.tar.gz) or
>> other UFT-II printers (Linux_UFRII_PrinterDriver_V290_uk_EN.tar.gz), for
>> obscure reasons. That doesn't help find other people with the same
>> concern...
>
> The only other thing I can think of is to contact canon directly
> for tech support. Maybe another driver for a different canon printer
> will work?

Done. No hope this way. "The linux drivers are provided as is, without
any guaranty nor support".

> Or, set the printer up off a pc running windows with remote printing
> via windows shares, samba or some sort of network printing?

That's the way I print currently, using remotely the cups server of a mac.

> sorry I could not help more.

Thanks a lot anyway.

If someone else had success with these printers, please reply so that we
can see what differ in our installations.

--
Hervé