On 15 July 2014 14:55:14 CEST, James <wirel...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I recently ran across this script: py-mysql2pgsql [1]
>and this discussion on it's origin [2]. I'm keenly interested
>in the recommendations of others for migrating mysql databases
>to postgresql and any comments on this aforementioned script
>or other methodologies....
>

>TIA,
>James
>

>[1] https://github.com/philipsoutham/py-mysql2pgsql
>
>[2]
>http://www.tryolabs.com/Blog/2012/02/10/django-migrating-mysql-postgresql/

James,

I haven't looked into this recently. But I believe that the DDLs and data can
be migrated relatively easy.

Just be aware that software specifically written using MySQLs version of SQL is
unlikely to work on a different RDBMS without extensive rewrites.

This is the biggest problem people are facing when porting websites to use a
different database.

What is the reason for migrating and what kind of data and applications are you
using?

--
Joost