On Tue, 30 Sep 2014 14:34:28 +0200, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:

> ...the system has no built-in RTC which still runs if the system is
> powered off.
> After power is up and eth0 is alive, the time/date has to be set via
> ntp-client. The rest already working.
> I called
>     /etc/init.d/ntp-client start
> after booting the little beast and plugging in the RJ45 and everything
> else was fine.
> Currently I am experimenting with chrony (emerging).
> Will see, if this will make a difference ;)

Disclaimer: I've never used chrony.

The trouble with any program that polls regularly, as I assume chrony
does, is that you have a window between the interface coming up and the
clock being set. It makes more sense to me to use postup() to set the
clock as soon as the interface comes up, whether you call ntp-client or
chrony to do this.

--
Neil Bothwick

The trouble with life is that you are halfway through it before you
realize it's a "do it yourself" thing.