On 9/14/05, C. Beamer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi All,

A friend (non-Gentoo user) sent me this Gentoo-related url:

I got Gentoo installed with only a few hitches and it's running like a
charm since the install, but I'm still a "newbie" when it comes to
Gentoo, so I bow to the superior knowledge of the people on this list.

The url is about a KDE app called Kuroo that is supposed to be a
frontend to the portage tree.  You are supposed to be able to search for
installed packages, among other things.  Has anyone heard of this?  Any
opinions?

Take care,

Colleen

Looks like a nifty little app. I personally use the command line because I like the command line. But if you are more of a graphical persuasion (i.e. ex-windoze/mac user) then maybe that's best for you. As far as anyone is concerned the way you interface to Portage is pretty much a personal decision based on your preferences.

-Mike

--
Michael E. Crute

Linux, because reboots are for installing hardware.
"In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"