On 10/04/2014 11:26 PM, behrouz khosravi wrote:
> Hello everyone.
> I was wondering if anyone has tried KDE5?
> Do you know when it's going to be placed in the main tree?
>
> thanks

Hi,

The KDE release structure has evolved[1], decoupling the release cycle
of the Platform, Workspace, and Applications. This means that there is
no longer a single Software Compilation in the same way there was with
KDE 4.

We (Gentoo KDE team) have not yet made a decision as to when the Plasma
5 Workspace will be pushed to the main tree. I've been using it on a
daily basis for about six months, and consider the next release (5.1.0)
to be a good candidate for the main tree.

The underlying Platform (KDE Frameworks 5) upon which Plasma 5 is built
is expected in the main tree in about a week, after the 5.3.0 release.

Best regards,
Michael

[1]: https://dot.kde.org/2013/09/04/kde-release-structure-evolves