On 10/4/2014 1:37 PM, Michael Palimaka <kensing...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> The KDE release structure has evolved[1], decoupling the release cycle
> of the Platform, Workspace, and Applications. This means that there is
> no longer a single Software Compilation in the same way there was with
> KDE 4.

Interesting.

Has this been discussed in detail before? What is the consensus about
this in the gentoo dev world? Meaning - is it a good or bad thing? I've
been  thinking about giving KDE a try again, but still read enough
negative things about it to give me pause (my time is very limited so I
have to pick/choose what I want to spend it on)...