On Thursday 16 Oct 2014 07:24:43 J. Roeleveld wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 15, 2014 09:40:56 PM Mick wrote:

> > Well, I still have the backup from the live website, I can restore from
> > it if I have to.  However, what I find confusing is that the errors
> > mention the live website's database name, not the local database.
> > Shouldn't the import function import the tables into the local database?
>
> When you do it as you said:
> mysql -u webadmin -h localhost -p website_test < website1_20141014.sql
>
> then that is the expected result (that it uses tables in the local
> database.)
>
> Can you do a search in the SQL-file for references to the remote database
> and post some of those lines? (Preferably only a subset referencing a
> single table)

Thank you both for your help.  I think I have fixed whatever it was that had
gone sideways, but I can't explain it with any certainty.

So, here is what happened.  The local database name more than a year ago had a
hyphen in the name; e.g. "website-new".  When listing /var/lib/mysql it was
shown as: website@002dnew

However, 9 months ago I had dropped that database and created a new database
with an underscore instead of a hyphen; e.g. website_new.  Imported the tables
from the remote database into it and carried on with my work.

Suddenly, I notice all these errors in the log.  They were definitely not
there before and in any case the website-new directory was no longer listed in
/var/lib/mysql, while website_new was there.

I dropped website_new, recreated website-new and the errors in the logs
stopped.  Finally, I dropped website-new again, recreated website_new and
still no errors in the logs.  :-)

The only problem is that now I can't load the website from the recreated
website_new database!  LOL!  I will look at it later, but wanted to report
that the errors I posted about have thankfully gone.  I blame it all on
filesystem corruption of some sort (ext4), as it was running out of space, but
can't be sure.

Thanks again.

--
Regards,