> On Dec 1, 2014, at 23:03, Fernando Rodriguez
> <frodriguez.develo...@outlook.com> wrote:
>
>> On Monday, December 01, 2014 7:34:35 PM meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
>> Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> [14-12-01 19:16]:

> all of

>>> Just shooting in the dark here, try -h and -H but not at the same time?
>>> Maybe having both is clashing in some weird way???
>>>
>>> Dale
>>>
>>> :-)  :-)
>>
>> Hi Dale,
>>
>> The "Trouble shooting FAQ"*)  by acmesystems explicitely say "shutdown -h
>> -H now" (and it works with the Debian rootfs)...but I will try "the
>> other shutdowns" and will see, what happens,
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Meino
>>

>> *) http://www.acmesystems.it/qa
>
> Looking at the code for sysvinit, all shutdown  does is set some environment
> variables and switch runlevel. The actual shutdown is done by halt and it's
> done through the reboot system call with RB_POWER_OFF.
>
> So, since you said the Gentoo system doesn't work even with Debian's kernel
> and the shutdown, then it must be that either Debian has a different halt, or
> more likely your Gentoo system calls halt with different options. So check
> your
> inittab on Gentoo and make sure it calls halt in the same way.

Hi meino

The thing is as Fernando pointed out:

Kernel powers off the hardware and a system call is used to instruct kernel to
do so.

Test your system. Perform a system call to shutdown the board. As you perform
this system call the arietta will instantly eighter boot or shutdown. See
system call man page to see the list of available system calls. This way you
can make sure the system works as expected...

When you have found the right system call, then you need to make init call that
system call as the last command in run level 0.

--
-Matti