Hi all,

thank you very much for all the help you offered! :)

It works now!

Robert Nelson, who maintains the kernel for the Beagleboard Black
gave me the hint to try the kernel version 3.18.rc7 (mainline),
which receives a lot of upgrades concerning AT91 systems, which the
Arietta G25 is one of.

Additonally from the Acmesystems mailing list I got the hint to
explicetly set the clock frequencies of the XTALs in the dts file.

After mixing everything together, recompiling the kernel and
installing it on the board I now have a Gentoo system with the
correct time (which was way off after a short period with previous
kernel versions) and 'shutdown -h -H now' now correctly powers
down the board.

I am happy!

:)

Best regards,