Alec Ten Harmsel <alec <at> alectenharmsel.com> writes:

> Assuming that disks are formatted, a stage3 has been freshly extracted,
> bossman is installed, and the role/config files are on a mounted
> filesystem, it should be similar to the role below:

I think the list needs to be expanded, generically first:
/var/lib/portage/world
/etc/*
/usr/local/*

just to name a few to clone a system. I'll work on a comprehensive list
of require and optional.

> Automating the bootstrapping of a node is reasonably complicted, even
> harder on Gentoo than on RHEL. This is the type of thinking I want to
> do, and I'm working on doing this with my CentOS box that runs ssh,
> Jenkins, postgres, and Redmine.

I'm going to work through the ansible gentoo install method previously
outlined. Once I try that for new installs, it should be easy to add
what robust workstaion has added since it was installed, as the second step
in the process. That way, part A of the install is a raw/virgin install
on new (wiped) hardware. part B would be to upgrade that virgin install
to basically be a clone of an existing workstation. This all requires
similar if not identical hardware, which is a common occurrence in
large installation environment.