Hello

So, I've been wanting to test eudev for a while now. I found these
instructions in many places, so I have it a whirl:

# emerge -Ca udev
# emerge -1a eudev
# etc-update
# emerge @preserved-rebuild

Problem is I had the 'udev' flag set in the make.conf, so it just
reinstalled udev (216). so I figured I'd better ask about the
convsion of udev-216 to eudev-1.10-r2  (stable) or if I should
run eudev-2.1.1 ?

Beside also removing the 'udev' flag, do I have any other issues
or caveats? I'd like to also go with manually naming the ethernet
interfaces under eudev; I have not found any specific docs on that
either.

Discussion and Suggestions are most welcome.

James