On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 10:15 PM, Joseph <syscon...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm still using "nxserver-freenx" and "nxclient" they are working OK with
> XFCE
> and they are still valid packages.
>
> Does it mean, they might be pulled out of gentoo packages?
> Is x2go stable on XFCE4?

I've had my share of issues with both.  I doubt that anybody is going
to get rid of nx just to do it.  However, it has been fairly dead
upstream and that probably means all the usual kinds of issues (maybe
some dependency update will break it, etc).  If I were still actively
using it I'd be looking for alternatives, though to be honest there
aren't really many out there.

It seems like everybody has been moving more and more towards things
like client-side-rendering, hardware acceleration, and so on.  The
experience on NX was slowly becoming a lot more like VNC anyway.

--
Rich