Yesterday I updated both systemd (218-r3) and wpa (2.3-r2) and discovered
the systemd unit files are not as easy to understand as they were.

journalctl says: Job wpa_supplicant@multi-user.service/start failed with
result 'dependency'.  (And doesn't say what the 'dependency' is.)

That's confusing because there is no unit file with that name.  systemd is
apparently inserting strings like "@multi-user" in the middle of real unit
file names to create that log message.

wpa_supplicant now installs more unit files than before:

#systemctl list-unit-files | grep wpa
wpa_supplicant-nl80211@.service         enabled
wpa_supplicant-wired@.service           disabled
wpa_supplicant.service                  disabled
wpa_supplicant@.service                 disabled

#cat /usr/lib64/systemd/system/wpa_supplicant-nl80211\@.service
[Unit]
Description=WPA supplicant daemon (interface- and nl80211 driver-specific
version)
Requires=sys-subsystem-net-devices-%i.device
After=sys-subsystem-net-devices-%i.device

[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/wpa_supplicant
-c/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant-nl80211-%I.conf -Dnl80211 -i%I

[Install]
Alias=multi-user.target.wants/wpa_supplicant-nl80211@%i.service

Now, if I type that ExecStart command from a bash prompt it works perfectly,
so why is systemd failing to start wpa_supplicant?  I dunno.

I'm assuming the %I stands for wlan0, so that's the way I named the conf file:
/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant-nl80211-wlan0.conf but maybe I'm wrong about
that?

Thanks for any clues.